Friday, February 10, 2012

Hotel living is the life for me.

I'm baaack and I'm pretty freakin' proud of myself this week. I've been out of town on business since Super Bowl Sunday and boy did it feel good to sleep in my own bed last night. I've been doing a fair amount of traveling for work over the last few months and have been struggling to keep focused and motivated while on the road. Case in point: the only eateries within walking distance of my hotel were Waffle House, Bojangles and Cracker Barrel. Noooo! Thank goodness for cars and the "Around Me" app on my iPhone.  

I began the week with my game-face on (you know, it being the Super Bowl and all) and if I do say so myself, it was a great success. I planned ahead and brought some fresh fruit, Larabars, bottled water and protein powder. I also brought my running shoes, workout clothes and heart rate monitor. Nothing was going to get in my way! When I returned to the hotel after work on Monday, I walked through the lobby and passed a table holding a giant pitcher of lemonade and some delicious-looking chocolate chip cookies. I swear those cookies knew my name. I scowled at them and rushed past the table-of-deliciousness and up the stairs to my room (OK, I may have drooled a little bit on the way past).

Back at my room I threw on my workout gear and headed down to the hotel gym, which I was happy to see had not one but TWO treadmills, an elliptical and an exercise bike. I slid my room key into the door lock and turned the handle... nothing. Tried again... aaaand a big fat nothing. Now fiercely determined to begin my workout, I trudged down the hall and over to the front desk... the same front desk that was conveniently positioned just beyond the table-of-deliciousness. "Baaaang! Take us home with you! We're warm and delicious and chocolatey!" the cookies shrieked at me as I walked by. Yet again I gave them my fiercest glare-drool and continued to the front desk where the young lady informed me that they have been having trouble with the gym door. She issued me a separate key for the gym and off I went on my merry way. And so we have Success #1: Bang-1, Cookies-0.

I enjoyed that hotel gym so much that I used it every day for the rest of my stay, which is a step-up from my every-other-day home workouts - Success #2! I also somehow managed to complete a 5K on the elliptical in a time literally MINUTES per mile faster than anything I have ever done. I'm still not sure how that happened but it did and it was Success #3. I kept track of all my meals via the Lose It! app on my phone and consciously made healthier food choices despite dining out for 2-3 meals a day - another success. One afternoon, my coworker and I decided to visit the outlet mall nearby. This may have been my favorite part of the week because...



I found this gorgeous lace LBD at Ann Taylor! It was a size smaller than what I usually wear but I tried it on anyway and you know what? It fit! And like a sexy-ass glove, no less. Better yet, the dress was originally marked upwards of $200 and I got it for... are you ready? $22. Twenty-two dollars!! I have three weddings to attend this year (seriously people, stop the wedding madness) and nothing to wear to any of them, so at least one outfit is taken care of. Now I need to find some bright-colored heels so I can dance the night away.

Oh, and the best part of all? I weighed in this morning and lost a few pounds since last Friday. It's been a really great week and my new challenge is to keep it going now that I'm back in my usual (read: crazy) home routine.

I hope your week has been full of success too!!

1 comment:

  1. "table-of-deliciousness" LOL!! Great Job Miss Bang!!!

    ReplyDelete