Thursday, January 3, 2013

13 Goals for 2013

So I fully intended to post this on January 1st but life has been hectic. As I've mentioned previously, I'm not much of a resolution-maker but this year I have quite a few goals I would like to accomplish and I'd like to share them with you!


13 Goals for 2013
  1. Run 1,000 miles this year
  2. Increase my run speed and beat my original half-marathon time of 2:47:54
  3. Run 3 half-marathons in 90 days
  4. Run a 5k without taking walk breaks
  5. Volunteer for at least 2 races
  6. Go to bed earlier/sleep more
  7. Introduce regular yoga & strength training sessions to my workout routine
  8. Do a Warrior Dash or other challenging mud run
  9. Reduce my body fat by 10%
  10. Blog more consistently (at least 1x per week)
  11. Create an "About Me" page on my blog
  12. Post my before and during pictures on my blog
  13. Run 13 different races in 2013

I have already completed my first race of 2013: the Lifetime Fitness Commitment Day 5K on January 1st. Despite very little sleep the night before, I had a great time and ran my fastest 5k yet! I'm optimistic that 2013 has some amazing things in store for me and I can't wait to experience them all.

Happy New Year, y'all!

7 comments:

  1. Yay more Bang! hee hee

    These are some great goals & I know that you will surpass them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one about "create an about me page." That's been on my list for months now...hopefully before the end of 2013 I'll get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! LOVE these goals - you can totally rock ALL of them. Plus hopefully I'll be with you for the WD or TM :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. #2, #4, #6, #7, #8, #9 (a goal but I don't see it happening this year, maybe 20%), #10, #12, and #13

    I'm sooo with you on those! Awesome goals....congrats on your first race of the year already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome goals! I'm looking forward to keeping up with your progress :)

    I'm now following (was on twitter) and hope you pop by my blog and follow back if you like it

    Shushkat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I nominated your for a Liebster Award. Its for new or newish bloggers with under 200 followers. You can get more details on my latest post. http://beautifulchunk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Admittedly, I saw your blog on the list of Fitblogging attendees and I liked your blog name. It has a certain something that is familiar. I hope to hear from you soon and quite possibly see you in Portland in June.

    And ouch on 3 halfs in 90 days.

    Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete